Monday, November 1, 2010

More homeschool adventures

Here are Bethany and Sophie cleaning out our little pumpkin. It was so funny because Sophie didn't want anything to do with sticking her hand in there and scooping out the seeds. She said, "It's yucky!" Bethany loved it! She looked at me and said, "This is fun!" I thought it was fun, too! Ever since my kindergarted teacher did this with our class, I've looked forward to the day I can do it with my own kids!
Here's the finished product! Doesn't he look happy!? I thought it turned out great! I love our little pumpkin! We cooked the seeds on the stove, too. I looked online to see the best way to do it. I must confess, I couldn't bring myself to taste them. My friend tried them and was like, "um...they're ok." I just couldn't do it! : ).

Here is my beauty right next to the Indian Mound in Macon, GA. Our homeschool group took a field trip there. We learned about pottery and different tools that the indians used throughout history. It was interesting. After we went through the museum, we watched a short film about pottery making. Then were were able to go outside to the picnic tables, get a pretty good sized piece of clay, and make our own piece of pottery!

Here we are, forming our masterpieces! : )

My girl and I inside the indian mound. We had a great time together!

No comments: