Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Misty Eyes

Every so often I'll read something that makes my eyes a little misty. Ok, sometimes it even causes and all-out tear fest. But today was a misty day. I just got The Jesus Storybook Bible for the kids off of Amazon. I thought it would also be a great book to do for our Bible time we have during homeschool. I had heard lots of great things about it and knew some people who had one, so I was interested in getting one, too. Little did I know how wonderful this book was until I really started reading it. We've only read three days worth of stuff, but when I read today about Adam and Eve and their sin against God, I saw it in a new light. This book points every story back to Jesus and connects it to him. Let me just quote some of what we read today:

"But before they left the garden, God made clothes for his children, to cover them. He gently clothed them and then he sent them away on a long, long journey--out of the garden, out of their home. Well, in another story, it would all be over and that would have been....The End. But not in this Story. God loved his children too much to let the story end there. Even though he knew he would suffer, God had a plan--a magnificent dream. One day, he would get his children back. One day, he would make the world their perfect home again. And one day, he would wipe away every tear from their eyes. You see, no matter what, in spite of everything, God would love his children--with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. And though they would forget him, and run from him, deep in their hearts, God's children would miss him always and long for him--lost children yearning for their home. Before they left the garden, God whispered a promise to Adam and Eve: 'It will not always be so! I will come to rescue you! And when I do, I'm going to do battle against the snake. I'll get rid of the sin and the dark and the sadness you let in here. I'm coming back for you!' And he would. One day, God himself would come." Sally Lloyd-Jones

Misty eyes...again. He came back for us! And He will come again! Thank you, God!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

we have this and I just love it!