Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I love about my kids' birthday parties



Well, it's that time of year again! It's party time! Isaac's birthday is the 26th of this month and Sophie's is the 30th. As of last year, we started doing the party together. One big bash once a year...I can handle that! So here are some of the things I love about their birthday parties!
(Sophie and I at her 2nd birthday...a storybook party...and very preggo with Isaac!)
  1. Getting together with family and friends. Honestly, I really should do this more often. Being the kind of person that is still trying to keep up house and home, we really don't have a lot of get-togethers over here. I always feel like my house is too small or not clean enough or some other excuse. We will be kind of tight at the party, but that day, we'll deal. It's fun to have all of Sophie and Isaac's little friends over, and their parents, and family. I really think this satisfies my need for fellowship more than Sophie and Isaac's need for a party : ).

  2. Getting creative! I usually have a ton of stuff done by now for the party. I usually start a couple of months in advance. This year it's coming down to the wire! It's fun, though, for me to be able to do some creative things to celebrate my children. It brings out the creative side in me and helps me to do something I enjoy...and see others enjoy it, too!


  3. An excuse to eat cake and ice cream. Enough said on that!
  4. (pic: cupcakes I made for last year's birthday party...Peter Pan and Wendy toppers I painted)

  5. Making memories. I loved having birthday parties for myself...growing up and even now! I enjoy all of the fun activities and the excitement. I want to make memories of fun celebrations with my kids. It doesn't have to be a big to-do to make memories...but this is just the kind of memory I want to make with and for them. And hey...it's only once a year!


  6. The biggie...celebrating the joy and life of my precious babes! (Sophie's 3rd birthday, Isaac's 1st birthday...our Wendy and Peter Pan!)

This Saturday...it's party time! The theme this year....Dora and Diego! The kids LOVE Dora and Diego. Should be fun!

No comments: