Thursday, January 27, 2011

You tubin'

I love romantic, sweet stories. I think that's why I read so much. I also watch movies a lot. So I thought I'd share a few of my favorite movie segments from good 'ole Youtube. The first is from a movie called North and South...not to be confused with The North and the South with Patrick Swayze..although I think that was pretty good, too. This North and South is set in industrial England. The main character is the owner/operator of a cotton mill, and throughout the story he is struggling to keep it afloat. There are many details that I'm leaving out here, but he is a hardworking man but considered a little lower class than our female character. She wants to be friends with him, but feels a little above him to marry him. But...(spoiler warning)...that all changes as she sees his character. This clip is at the very end, so it would definitely spoil it for you if you want to see it. It's so awesome, though.



Ok, this next one is shorter than I would like...but still so good! Jane Austen sure did know how to write beautiful love stories! Persuasion...



Movies are just on the brain tonight...I also wanted to include what's playing in my car. This song just makes me bob my head and want to sing along.



Ok...last, but not least...Hero by Skillet. I know it doesn't really fit with the rest of my choices...but I can't help but love it!

No comments: