Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gotta have those resolutions!

As I struggled to button my jeans tonight, I was reminded that it was time to produce my resolution list. I do a mental list every year, and there are times when I've actually done some of them. I think it's always good to evaluate and the beginning of the year is a great time to do that. We're fresh off the good times of Christmas (and, if you're like me, had massive quantities of rich, chocolatey, and fattening foods). I honestly didn't think I did too terribly bad...but then again, I also didn't do my weigh in last Monday that I usually do, so there's really no telling what the scales will hold tomorrow. It could be tragic. I'm hoping it won't be. So, as if you couldn't guess...
Resolution #1:
Lose weight. But I'm not just going to say lose weight. I want to recommit to exercising regularly, dramatically, if not completely, cutting processed sugar, and eating good food. One of my good friends told me to think of sugar as poison. It's been hard...because I love that poison! But the other day, I ate some sugar stuff...and I felt awful! I know that it's not good for me. So that last little bit of grossness after eating the sugar was a good motivator. I don't want to feel like that! Another good thing is that I had a good weight loss year in 2010. I went down 2 pant sizes, and lost about 38 lbs (again, that was as of 2 weeks ago). So I know that I can do it. I got this! I can do this! Ok...pump up session over...but feel free to send me a comment to pump me up every once in a while : ).
Resolution #2:
Be more organized. I always make this resolution. I always struggle with it. I actually love organization. I love those shows that show you how to organize stuff. I love organizational tools. I love those shelves with the box shapes that you can buy the soft little drawer things to stick in them (I have two of these). But I can't seem to make the connection between the tools, my pocketbook, my brain, and my house. I actually need organization with the stuff I already have...or something that costs a very small amount of money. I'm thinking there needs to be some reduction. I'm good at getting rid of stuff, usually. We'll see what happens. Pray for me, people. My house needs order! And if any of you out there read this and are good at organizing and would love to minister to me...bring it on! I'd love to have you over. I will praise you, love you, feed you, and do a blog post about you. Now isn't that motivation!? ; )
Resolution #3:
Share the love of Christ more. These resolutions are not in order of importance...they're just in the order my brain thinks them up. This one should probably be #1...but then I've have to do all that copy and pasting, etc...ok...I'm lazy. Anyway...in 2010, I was a part of a challenge/class at our church that our pastor led that was about sharing Christ. We read some good books (Knowing God, Radical, to name a few) and we met once a month for some fellowship, accountability, and learning. One thing I've realized is that my mind is not very focused on being intentional about sharing what Jesus Christ has done for us while I'm out and about. I'm thinking of my coupons, the sales, keeping my kids from taking things off the shelf and behaving (which, thankfully, they usually do behave), and how much time I have, to mention a few things. I'm a little scattered these days. During the time I was taking the class, though, I started thinking about being intentional more. Giving someone a little pamphlet about the Gospel of Jesus Christ while I was checking out or in the parking lot. I even shared a little with a lady in a restaurant on our way to Colorado. As the year went on, I feel like I didn't have as much focus. But I want to refocus. I want to be more intentional. I also need to remember that I've got little ones coming into my home that I can share with. My own children. My friend's children. I can be salt and light to them as well. I'm praying for that. My greatest desire is to love the Lord, and share His love with others.
Resolution #4:
I think I'm running out of resolutions. The first three are pretty major. If I do those, I'll be happy. There are so many things that I want to get better at. I can't list them all. I want to memorize God's Word more, I want to study His Word more, be more motivated to do things, and the list goes on. I guess that's resolution #4. I need to "Trust in the Lord with all (my) heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all (my) ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct my path."
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

#4 is my favorite VERSe ever! Hope you have a Wonderful YEAR of accomplishments my freind! ;)