Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who Loves Free Books?

Who Loves Free Books? Ok...*raise my hand* I LOVE free books! Ever since Tamera Alexander posted on her blog how to get Kindle for the PC (because I don't have one of those handy little Kindles of my own...but I DO have a laptop...praise the Lord!), I have been seeking out as many kindle "freebies" as possible! Honestly, I think I'm hooked on just getting something for free : ). But I HAVE been reading the books, too. In fact, this week I read three wonderful books that I got for free (and probably spent too much time reading them). I have no idea how many pages they were, but let's just say that my eyes have been a little tired the past day or so!

Can you tell I LOVE to read? Not only have I mentioned it on here a few times...ok, a lot of times...it's one of my favorite ways to wind down. Escape into another world. And...confession time...I have also been reading to see the different techniques author's use as I am trying to begin writing myself. Yes, I've written my first draft of my first novel. I'm learning a lot...and I'm loving it...a lot! It's been a big learning experience for me, and I'm in the process of furthering my education. So far, I've seen God provide many ways to do this through critiques, advice from a lovely Christian author, and helpful articles that have targeted my weaknesses. I need prayer, friends. To be a published author would be dream come true...but I know it takes hard work, time, dedication to the craft, and good timing. I'm just taking it one step at a time and I'm going to see what God does. If He closes the door, I'm totally cool with that. For now, I'm loving every step of the way! I'll be grateful for whatever direction He takes this.


So...enough about me. Here's something for YOU! I'm too poor to do book giveaways, but I can give you a nice long list of FREE kindle books. You don't even have to search for them : ). So basically I'm going to give you the title/author of 13 books that are currently of NO COST on www.amazon.com. Go there and look up the Kindle Store on the search bar. If you don't have a Kindle, but you have a computer/Ipad/Iphone you'd like to put the Kindle on, then look down to your right. There are several options there and it's very easy to load.

By the way, these are also Christian fiction novels. There are several other freebies on Kindle that are not Christian fiction...and most of them I would not personally recommend. So, without further delay...here you go! (Sorry there's no cover art!) Get them fast...there's no telling how long they'll be free!

Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan *

Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry *

Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson

Stuck in the Middle by Virginia Smith

Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart *

Disaster Status by Candace Calvert

Making Waves: A Novel by Lorna Seilstad

A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher

Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason

It Happens Every Spring by Gary Chapman/Catherine Palmer

Nonfiction:

How to Sew: Basics by Various

The Guilt Free 3 by Lisa Lillian (cookbook)

*=ones I've read already and liked : )

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

amy said...

stace, that's exciting! what is your novel about??? thanks for letting us in to your "secret" life. :)

The Great Adventure said...

Lol...yes, I'm a little hesitant to mention my "secret life" : ). Who know's what'll come of it?! It's pure Christian fiction and started out in my mind as a love story among two servants in a fancy house in the late 19th century. Well, the story has shifted and sort of written itself..some suspense, tragedy, love/romance (but clean! lol), and redemption. It's definitely a work in progress. I've had the privilege of having two different authors critique it so far and give me some great input. I have a lot of growing to do...but I LOVE it! : ) Thanks for asking, Amy!