Friday, August 5, 2011

A date with the hubby and some Kindle freebies

I love dates with my hubby. Honestly, at this time in our lives, we're trying to save money so we don't do a lot of movie/dinner dates unless I've got a coupon. If you plan ahead it helps, but we also tend to be a little on the spontaneous side. That's not good if you need a babysitter! : ) I've had in mind that I wanted to go on a date night with the hubby tonight, and I wanted to make it a surprise...but I couldn't get it together. So I suggested that we try to find someone to watch the kids and go to a matinee movie. Thankfully my parents, who live an hour away, didn't mind! We were so happy that we could get away together and see Captain America! Great movie! Had just the right amount of action, tension, a touch of romance, and definitely left me wanting to see what would happen next. We have not paid full price for a movie in ages (we usually only go when I have a groupon or go to the $1.50 movie), but we splurged and had a great time. I would love to pose a question. What are some creative date ideas that some of you have? We tend to stick to the dinner/movie thing, because those are things we enjoy, but it's always good to get some fresh ideas!


On another note, there are several good Kindle freebies right now on amazon.com! If you don't have a kindle, you can still download the free Kindle books to your PC, Ipad, phone, etc. for free. Most of these are Christian fiction, there are a few mysteries, and some suspense/action. I would suggest that you read the synopsis/reviews to make sure it's the kind of book you would like. I try to be very careful (even though they're free) about the books I download because I want good quality. Then again, if I download something and don't like it, all I have to do is remove it. So here they are:

Revelations by Laurel Dewey

Waterfall: A Novel by Lisa T. Bergren (I read Lisa's "Breathe" a week or so ago and it was so good)

Lye in Wait (murder mystery) by Cricket McRae

Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Whitson

The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris (I've reviewed this one....it's great!!)

A Kiss of Adventure by Catherine Palmer

Stealing Jake by Pam Hillman (just finshed this one...very good!)

The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz (I reviewed this one, too...awesome!)

Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum

Hostage in Havana by Noel Hynd

Maggie Come Lately by Michelle Buckman

Veiled Freedom by Jeanette Windle

Reinventing Leona by Lynne Gentry

If you're trying to figure out how to find the free ones, one thing I do is go to amazon and type in the title of a book that I know is free. Below that there is a little menu that says something like "Here are some similar books others have purchased". You can scan through those and there are often some other freebies that are in the same general category. Beware...there are some trashy ones mixed in, too. I've also "liked" a page called "Inspired Reads" on facebook. They list a lot of free and low priced Christian fiction kindle/nook books.

Happy reading!

Stacey

No comments: