Saturday, August 27, 2011

We're back to school again!

Here are the girls...back to year two of homeschooling! We were all excited to get started again.
Our learning chart...we're studying the different states in the US...among other things.


I had to throw this in. This totally captures his personality. His sister's headband on his head, sunglasses on, soccer ball in his hand, and that signature grin. Love this little guy!


Our first week we learned the verse, "Taste and see that the Lord is good." Bethany's big sister, Megan, made us chocolate chip cookies in the shape of the word, "Lord". We tasted and it was good! I thought this was a great way to remember this verse!

Last week we studied Idaho. Our special activity was to do something with Idaho potatoes. On Tuesday we did a painting with potato prints (forgot the camera that day). Then we made baked french fries. First I let the girls taste them raw with a little salt.

As you can see...not a big hit : ).


Then we divided the cut potatoes into two ziplock bags. I put olive oil in both and we seasoned one with a partial pack of Hidden Valley Ranch powder and the other with seasoning salt.


In the oven they went! They turned out so good and everyone loved them! I think we're off to a great start! : ) Keep us in your prayers ;).

God bless~Stacey


2 comments:

Keisha said...

Okay... I wanna come enroll in your school!!! You are so creative Stacey! Love this post.. & I'm loving the "Little Joe" picture! lol!!!!
;)

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Keisha!! I love teaching. I just feel like I'm doing what God has prepared me to do! I love the pic of I-man, too. Every time I see it I crack up! lol