Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks~

I have so many things to be thankful for. A new, healthy baby boy on the way, an amazing family and wonderful friends, the world's best husband, and two beautiful children...and the list could go on. Thanksgiving isn't the only day I feel thankful for these blessings, but this is definitely a day to celebrate them. My side of the family is out of town this year for Thanksgiving, so we spent time with the hubby's side of the family. There's a neat little state park not far from our house that has a wonderful restaurant. We've been there a few times for Thanksgiving in the past...so we decided to do that. Hey...no complaints here! Good food and no cooking or cleaning...perfect for this Momma!


Here's the hubby and his siblings. I love this pic!
Our two kiddos. Sophie loves to pose with her arms out...all the time. I don't really know why, but ok. : ) That's just her style.


It's hard to get them both to look at the camera at the same time! But look...no arms out for Sophie! I love the look on her face! After we ate we went down to the playground at the park and let the kids play. The weather was great!


Out of about 5 pictures, this is the only one where most of the family was looking and no one's eyes were closed! I can see that family photos will not be as easy as they used to be.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. Great food, a nice, long nap, and time with the family. To top it off, I got most of my Christmas and kids' birthday shopping DONE! I was able to get the kids a few things that I was hoping to find on sale...and did! It's hard to have specific things you're looking for and find them at a discount. Thank you, Lord! I'm so glad I didn't have to leave the house this year. But I will say a big thanks to my friend, Christy, who said she would get baby wipes at Toys R Us for me that are only sold in stores (I think!). Last year I went at 6 am and got two boxes and they lasted us for almost 6 mos! I hated to miss that deal, so I am so thankful that a friend will snag them up for me! That'll really help with the new baby, too!

God bless!

Stacey

No comments: