Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time together is a must!





We don't get to do this very often, but our anniversary is a great time to get away for at least a night. Thursday we headed out to Macon and spent the night at my parent's house. The next morning we headed out on a little getaway...just the two of us! We headed up to Toccoa Falls, GA and decided to drive around the college campus there. There is a beautiful waterfall along with nice little hills covered with fall foliage. The scenery was great...the company was even greater. Time together just to talk, catch up on life, read (I got to read Torrent by Lisa Bergren!), and relax is so essential to married life. One of the best times for us to talk is in the car. The kids are occupied (if they're with us) and it seems like we're a lot less distracted. Even though we did our side trip to Toccoa, we really tried to keep our agenda to a minimum so we could get some much needed relaxation.

We spent the night in Lavonia, GA, which was about an hour away from Athens. Joe did a summer internship there several years ago and we were able to ride by the church he worked at. We also had a great meal at a little restaurant downtown. So fun! The next day we had tickets to the UGA game. Joe is a HUGE dawgs fan...and it's growing on me : ). I was looking forward to the game, though. We have been twice before and had a lot of fun. The game started at 12:30pm and it was definitely chilly outside. Being among lots of college kids was interesting. I realized...quickly...that I'm no longer up on the fashion trends. This is what I observed...boots.

About 80% (I'm guessing here, but really) of the girls I saw at the game had boots on. All different kinds of boots.





Not only were they wearing boots...but many of them were in short skirts or dresses with tights and their boots. I don't know how they did it. I was pretty cold in jeans and a sweater...I can't imagine how they were warm. Then I had to think back to my college days and how I wanted to wear what was cool...but...I think I mostly just wanted to stay warm. I think I'd be one of those jean girls with the boots. Anyway...I just had to share this little trend with all of you. I hope I didn't look too weird at the game snapping pictures of people's feet : ).







The game. There's just something about being in a stadium filled with fans who are totally geared up for their team. It was the perfect day, too. Not too cold in the stands with all the people, the sun was behind us, and even though we were pretty high up in the stands we had a great view. Plus Georgia really whooped up on New Mexico State. We left after the third quarter...








Good times!













And to top it off, we stopped in a little town called Madison on the way home. We ate at a great restaurant called The Chop House, which is where we like to stop when we're nearby. Then...the best part...we go by this nice little fudge shop. They have really good fudge-covered apples! Yum! I can't eat it all so Joe and I shared it...and still had some left over.


Joe and I keep talking about how much fun we had and how much we enjoyed our getaway. Time together...alone...is something we definitely recommend to other couples. Even if you can't splurge and do all that we did (we don't get to do that very often!), find ways to get away on a budget. It's totally worth it!


God bless~Stacey

1 comment:

Keisha said...

You =MUST= tell me more about the .. Chop House & the FUDGE shop!! We're headed (with the kids) to Athens next weekend to the game! I can't wait!! I would love to hear of these places we need to stop at!
Glad you got to spend some "Honey Time" with Joe! ;) It is a must!