Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm getting...pinterested : )

A month or two ago my sister called me up and was telling me about this cool site that she found out about and wanted to invite me to be a part of it. She told me it could get addictive. My first thought was...ok...I don't need to spend any more time on the internet. I'm already blogging, facebooking, and following several author blogs that I like to read and comment on. So it sat on the backburner for a while.


Fast-forward. This past weekend my sister and I were both at my Mom and Dad's house and she asked me if I had joined yet. I told her about my holding out, so she pulled up her page and showed me some of the cool ideas she had found through it. Not only that, but I'd also seen other friends on facebook commenting about how pinterest had helped them organize, etc. Basically, I have caved. I have now joined "pinterest" and I am hooked. It's right up my alley. Basically you have a page with your "boards" on it. Your boards are kind of like a virtual cork board. You label your boards into categories. You can find pictures, recipes, ideas, etc. on other people's boards or the internet and "pin" those pictures to your boards. I am already excited about the fun little projects I've learned about. Things like a gingerbread nativity at Christmas instead of a gingerbread house, using a bleach pen to decorate t-shirts, kid's room decorating ideas...and the list goes on. Just talking about it makes me want to get on there and look for some more cool stuff to put on my boards...lol. I'm pitiful!


If you dare look it up, the site is pinterest.com. If you need an invite, let me know. : )


On a side note, I was very excited today to see my Mom's caramel cake recipe that I posted a week or so ago on Tamera Alexander's blog! http://tameraalexander.blogspot.com/ How cool is that!? I had that fun, cheesy grin on my face when I saw it. I knew Tamera was going to make it sometime and post about it so I was really excited to see the results! Tamera Alexander is an award-winning author of Christian fiction. I've never met her in person, but I have been following her blog for a while now and I think she is a really neat lady. She really takes a personal interest in those of us who read her books and comment on her blogs. I hope I can meet her one day!


God bless~Stacey

No comments: