Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homeschooling fun!

About a week and a half ago our homeschool group took a field trip to a place called Troupcorn in a nearby town. It was a little overcast, but the weather was perfect! We started off with a hay ride to the main area.


Perfect for kids...a giant dirt pile.

There was also a corn maze...the first one I've ever been in! Here are two of the precious little girls that were with us. Both have been adopted from China just this year! Praise the Lord for the gift of adoption!

My friend watched the two girls as I kept up with Isaac.


Too cute...you can barely see Sophie's little face!

There was also a giant inflated pillow that the kids could jump on. They LOVED this! My friend, Wendy (Bethany's Mom), even got on there with them!

And lastly, a giant box filled with hard corn kernals. Another favorite! I liked it, too. It was like the corn version of a giant sandbox...and MUCH cleaner! It was hard to get the kids out of here so we could head back.

I didn't get a picture of the port-o-potty...a first for Sophie. It was my first time having to take a child into one of those things. Honestly, I think I would rather go in the woods. It was rough. Especially after we had to wait in line to go after a big group of little kids went. Yikes! Sophie didn't seem to mind, though. I'll spare you the other gross details : ). I'm sure you get the picture.

I'm still lovin' doing things like this with our homeschool group. Such a great group of parents and kids. I'm looking forward to our next one!


No comments: