Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tea and Slumber Party

My niece is spending a few nights with us this weekend and Sophie has been so excited.  Last week Bethany really wanted to have a tea party at school.  So we decided to combine the two...play time with a cousin and a fun tea party!
 Our "tea" was hot chocolate that had cooled a little so the girls could drink it.  We also pulled out Sophie's tea set and got the table all fixed up.  These three had a great time!  I even let them put on some makeup before we got started.  : )
 Ok...so we had a little guy visitor to the party.  He only joined us for a short time...long enough to get him some snacks and discover that he loves hot chocolate, too!  : )  No makeup for him, though ; ).
 I made our "tea cakes" with my new mini cupcake maker I got for Christmas.  I love this thing!  I got it at a very low cost on Black Friday, and it has not disappointed!  It cleans up so easily, which is a huge bonus.  The cakes were little cupcakes that had some fudge in the middle.  I must say that even though they came from a box, they were pretty tasty!
After dinner and their bath, the girls just settled in to look at books and play in Sophie's bed.  Isaac joined in for a few minutes, but the girls seemed to have a good time entertaining themselves.  If this is how smooth a slumber party goes...we'll have to do this more often!  I guess we'll make the final decision after we see how well they sleep! : )

No comments: