Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Renaissance coloring sheets for week 6

I was about to pull my hair out today trying to find a good coloring sheet to go with our Renaissance stuff.  After battling with my printer and finding a good freebie, I finally ran across some goodies!  I really wanted to share!



It's a basic Mona Lisa picture that the kids can color, but it really worked for us!  I found it at blog called My Favorite Freebies.  On the same page there is a "Meet the Artist" worksheet that you can use with any artist that we're studying.  I thought it was a fun idea...basically like you're interviewing the artist and putting down facts about him/her.






There is also an Animated Hero Classics video about Leonardo da Vinci (I love the movies, but don't have any of them...I try to watch what we can on YouTube).  But if you do have the video...or just want a booklet of free printables to go along with it....here you go!  : )  There's a lot that you can print from there.

We read "Katie and the Mona Lisa" today...Sophie loved it...and this blog post offers some interesting ways to follow up.



Ok...I absolutely LOVE this video!  It's HILARIOUS!  I just watched it a few minutes ago, and I still have tears in my eyes from laughing.  I think kids will love it and it gives some great info, too!  I'm going to check out more videos from these guys!

We're going to color this Copernicus sheet tomorrow during our morning work...or maybe this Shakespeare one.  Coloring sheets are an easy way for me to introduce some of these guys and the kids like to color.  Win, win : ).

More coloring pages:
"Color Me" masterpieces...different printables from various artists
Sistene Chapel coloring pages (2)
Michealangelo lesson plan and printables
Printable biography of Michealangelo

That's all for now! ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the video...what an awesome way to learn!!Love, Mom