Saturday, July 3, 2010

Artists in the making

Yesterday I thought it would be fun to let the kids have some time painting. This is Isaac's first time being introduced to paint, so I knew it was going to be messy. But I thought, well, we have to have a first time at some point in his life...so why not now?! So I slipped the old Barney shirt on Isaac. Sophie is always very slow and meticulous with her painting. She rarely gets any on her, so I wasn't too worried about her. Here she is, looking at her work : ).

And there is little Isaac. He's just getting started on the top picture. I love how he points his fingers like that. He does that all the time to do things. The bottom picture is right before I got him up and took him straight to the bathtub! Notice the paint around his mouth? Yes, one of the first things my son wanted to do was taste it. I had never anticipated that! This little guy always has a surprise up his sleeve! Crayola paint IS non-toxic, right?! : )

No comments: