Tuesday, July 20, 2010

More children's book favs

I'm doing really well with posting lately, aren't I? : ) I was looking back on some posts and really wanted to do another one on favorite children's books. I have so many favorites, so I honestly have a lot of material on the subject. I'll get right to it. One of my all time favorite books is "All the Places to Love" by Patricia Maclachlan. It is truly beautiful to me. The illustrations are gorgeous and the story is about the love a family has for each other, their home, and traditions they have in their family. Sticking with the theme of family, another favorite book is "Grandfather's Journey" by Allen Say. It's a different sort of family than the first, because this family is from Japan. I love books about culture and history. It's a great book to introduce another country/culture to your child. The illustrations are also beautiful.One more...I just can't help myself! : ) I really like some of the ABC books out there. This one is fun to me because it's kind of like a treasure hunt. Each page has a fun little saying with the letter and each illustration has hidden pictures of objects/animals/etc. that begin with the same letter. It's "Animalia" by Graeme Base.

I hope you enjoy these books! I must confess, I need to read these and many more to my kids. Sophie is definitely at the age that she can sit and enjoy reading a story. Isaac has about a 5 second attention span, but it's never too early to start! Happy reading!

(I got the pics off Amazon.com...so you can't click on the pics and see inside on my blog, but if you go on Amazon you can)

No comments: