Monday, July 19, 2010

A best friend reunion and wonderful vacation

There's nothing like having a great vacation. This year, our vacation was relaxing, fun, and I was able to see my long time friend, Kimberly Buchanan. We met up at her parent's house on Lake Oconee. I think Joe and I have realized that the best kind of vacation is one that doesn't have a big itinerary, but is very relaxed. Especially with little children. We needed to have nap time for Isaac every day...a must in his life right now! One thing I wanted to share in this blog post is how Kim and I met. It was truly from the Lord!





When Kim and I were both about 15 years old, we both began sensing a need to have a Christian friend. We had been around each other, growing up in the same church, but we went to different schools and lived on different sides of town. Both of us have talked about this and how God just suddenly caused us to connect with each other and start spending a lot of time together. It's pretty amazing. We just "clicked". We started meeting up at church all the time, spending time at each other's houses, and hanging out as much as we could. We would also go to church camp, Mission tours, and would be at the church all the time praying together and encouraging each other. We made it our mission to reach out to those at church who didn't seem to fit in. We had a burden for the lost. Through our church's youth group, we were challenged to grow and seek the Lord and we saw some amazing things in the process! Over the years, Kim and I have kept in touch, trying to see each other when we could. There's always been a special connection between us. I am so thankful for my friendship with her and that through our friendship, we have grown in our walks with the Lord. She is such a blessing to me!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

What a sweet friendship! It's great that you were able to spend some time with her & re-connect & have a relaxing vacation at the same time.
Love the pictures!