Sunday, April 10, 2011

Family time~

We had Spring Break last week from homeschooling, but the hubby still had to work. Friday came (hubby's day off) and we decided to pack a picnic and go to Little Ocmulgee State Park in McRae, GA. It was just the right kind of little getaway. Above are some of the lilypads in the lake. The trees are so beautiful...dripping with Spanish moss. Did I mention that there's also a great playground?


I love taking pictures with my girl. She makes me smile : ).
My guy makes me smile, too : ).
There's a big dock leading out to the water. The kids enjoyed running on it. You wouldn't want to jump in this water, though. There's signs all around warning you about the alligators. Yes, Joe and I discovered those signs shortly after we took a canoe out on the lake one time. No more canoe rides for us, I'm afraid!

And here's our family shot. Hey...I'm impressed that we all fit! Well, sort of.


It was a beautiful day and we had a great time! Who says family getaways have to be expensive?! Here's a little tip I found out recently. Most local libraries have a park packet that includes a free parking pass along with a family pass that gives you free admission for up to four people to any state park and recreation center in the state of Georgia. There are tons of these places all over Georgia! All you have to do is check it out like you would a library book! I'm not sure if these are available for every state, but it wouldn't hurt to check! That's what we did, and we didn't have to pay anything to enjoy the day at the park!

God bless!

No comments: