Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My time...and His timing

I've been trying to think of a way to add some rosettes to my old cardigan...try to spice it up a bit. This is my effort (above). I think it turned out pretty well! And let me just say how much I LOVE the new rosette trend. They are so cute to me! I haven't done a tote bag in a LONG time...but I thought I'd try it for a friend's baby shower. It's a denim material that I added a colorful animal ribbon to on the top and a big B for "Benjamin". It was fun!
And this is what I did yesterday. Tons of dvds....taking up a lot of space. My kids were opening the cabinet they were in every day to get a video out. Not only the video they wanted, but usually about 10 other ones and spread them all over the floor. I guess the ongoing frustration sparked a solution in my brain. What's the phrase, "Necessity is the mother of invention"? Well, this was a simple solution...that I wish I would've thought of sooner! I just went out and bought a cd case and put all of the dvds inside. I zipped it up and put it on top of a little shelf we have. Problem solved! It was kind of hard to throw all of those cases away. I kept telling myself...why do I want to hold on to a piece of plastic?! No hoarding today! : )
I also straightened up these bins. I don't have a before picture. Yes...this is the after shot. And yes, it looks much better!
It feels great to get some organizing done. I can honestly say that it doesn't come naturally for me. I have to think...and sometimes pray...that I can figure out how to resolve a clutter or frustration with "stuff" issue. I can testify that God is faithful! It may take a few years, but hey, His timing is not always my timing! : )

No comments: