Friday, August 27, 2010

The glove!

You see this little guy? The phrase on his little onesie says it all..."Monkey Business". That's what I call him. My little monkey (really, I actually call him my "monk, monk"). He likes to climb on me, on the couch, up on chairs, and he loves bananas.
His recent little bit of monkey business happened the other day. Let's begin with the story of "the glove". When Sophie was little, she found this big, black glove of Joe's. She put it on, and started coming at me. Well, for some reason, I wasn't expecting it, it caught me off guard, and it actually kind of startled me when she did it and I let out a little..."ahhh!". Since then, there has always been a fascination by the kids for the glove. It's kind of like a little game. Someone has the glove on, the parents go..."ahhh!" and act scared. We all laugh. Now that Isaac is starting to talk more, he's started playing "the glove" game. The other day I was sitting on the couch reading and I had the book in front of my face so I couldn't see my little guy. He came up to me, plopped a little hand on my lap, and said something I couldn't understand. I put my book down, looked down in my lap, and there was the black glove on my guy's little hand. He was saying, "tha glub!" with that cute little voice. I couldn't help but smile at this little guy. He kept walking around saying, "tha glub, tha glub!" So I thought, I've got to get my camera out for this. Can you just imagine his little mouth saying, "tha glub!"?
I love that little monkey : ).

No comments: