Sunday, August 8, 2010

Savannah road trip!

Last Thursday I took the kids on a little road trip to Savannah. This wasn't going to be just any road trip. We were going to get to see some good friends of mine that I was in Thailand with years ago. It's hard to describe the friendships I made while in Thailand. We were more like a close knit family, made up of many backgrounds, different ages, and personalities. I was single at the time, but I spent a lot of time with the married couples that had young children. I would babysit, hang out, I even went on vacations with some of them. We would talk about life, we would encourage one another, pray for one another, and have Bible studies together. I treasure the times that I was able to spend with them! Fast forward several years. The last time I saw the Wilson family it was the day Joe and I were married. I have been able to see the Edmonds a few times over the years, but not that often. We were able to stay with the Edmonds on this trip and hang out with them and we spent the afternoon/evening with the Wilsons on Thursday. It was great fun. The kids were as great as they ever were and the fellowship with the adults was so nice. Brought back a lot of memories of great conversations we've had in the past. I'm so thankful for the blessings of friendship!

No comments: