Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting ready for the first day!

Tomorrow is our first day of school! I spent some time tonight getting the finishing touches ready. We've got a little schedule, and I've been through my "lesson plans". It's exciting. I've also got to get up earlier...if I'm going to maintain my morning exercise routine...and so does Sophie.
I really hope that the first day will be a success (of course, there will be more pictures to come). We've got some rules, so I hope that the girls will adapt to that well. We'll be learning a lot of new concepts, so I hope they'll go with the flow. If not, that's ok...we'll keep pressing on!

I'm really excited about what we're going to learn this year! We'll be covering a lot of different things and plan to do a lot of fun things, too! Please pray for us! : )

4 comments:

Jessica said...

that's awesome! I've been wanting to do a little homeschooling with Hannah this year since we don't have her in preschool but it intimidates me a bit! What are you using? Are you teaching another little girl too? Do you plan to homeschool for grade school? I can't wait to hear all about it!

The Great Adventure said...

Yes, I've enjoyed this week so far! We're just doing 9-11am, Mon-Thurs, and Fridays are family/field trip days. I got the curriculum I'm using off the internet...for free!! It's given me some great ideas, links to printables, etc. I'm using books I already had and other materials I already had. My mom gave us the little table and chairs, the magnetic calendar (which I love...it's by Melissa and Doug)and my aunts gave me the white board and easel. I have hardly bought anything! I hope to keep homeschooling through grade school. I am teaching another little girl that's just about 6 mos older than Sophie and we've been friends with since they were little. That was my prayer...to have another child for Sophie to do school with. And the other mom is helping me out with Isaac..which is wonderful! We have several moms in the area who are homeschooling, so we're all trying to get together once a month and plan field trips and get-togethers. I love it!

Lorajean said...

I am super inspired by you!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks! I appreciate that, Lorajean. I've been amazed at God's provision. He just keeps giving us what we need to keep homeschooling. That's very motivating to me! : )