Sunday, August 1, 2010

Moving from week 2 to week 3

Another week of training down. Last week was definitely tougher than the first. I started off Monday pretty strong. I was going 3 1/2 minutes of running instead of just 3. Trying to add a little at a time. Then I had a softball game last Monday night. I had energy and felt like I did better than I have in the past. Tuesday morning rolled around and I was struggling a little. Playing softball in the heat can be a little draining. But I made it through the Tuesday morning run/walk. I had another game Tuesday night. Ok...by this point these old bones and muscles were struggling a little, but I wasn't feeling too bad. Well, after a shower and hitting the hay Tuesday night, I felt like I was pretty sore. Wednesday morning I told Joe that I didn't think I could get out of the bed at 7:30 am to run. My knees were very sore as well as my back. So I rested on Wednesday and just walked my route on Thursday. I took another rest day on Friday and got up and did the run/walk on Saturday morning. I did almost 5 minutes on Saturday! I was very excited. I took another rest day today (Sunday) and hopefully I'll be ready for week 3. I have two softball games again this week, so I'm wondering if I'll have the same achy bones and muscles I had last week. My eating has been going well. I'm still trying to do the no processed sugar. I've had a few moments where I've "cheated". I had a few tastes of some things my Mom brought back from England. I also had some Sprite last week. But overall I've done so much better than I used to. I have also been drinking grapefruit juice. My friend that encouraged me to drink it said that at first she didn't like it either, but after a while, she actually craved it. I thought...I'll never get to that point! Well, I'm already starting to develop a taste for it! That's hard to believe.

My happy moment this week: trying on some dresses/clothes that didn't fit before and now they do! Now that's a great feeling! I want it to continue! Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I hope it'll be good!

God bless!

2 comments:

Keisha said...

And.. you Looked so GOOD in your dress yesterday! I could tell that you had lost some weight! So.. you go girl!! Keep up the good work!!! Hope weigh-in goes great!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Keisha!! I lost 1.3 this week...yay! I honestly could not do it without all the support I have. Thanks for the encouragement...it means a lot!