Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's Valentine's Day! We had a fun day celebrating during school time. I had some sugar cookie mix and I thought it would be fun to make some Valentine cookies! Bethany never minds getting her hands dirty and mixing up the dough.
I was glad to have some heart-shaped cookie cutters! Here they are before they were put in the oven.

My dining room table looks like an explosion of hearts, pink, and candy. We made Valentine cards for our family while the cookies were cooling. Then when the girls finished their cards, we iced the cookies! Sophie went for the chocolate...yep, that's my girl! : )

Ok, friends...I want to be all nonchalant about Valentine's Day...but I must shout it from the rooftops...I LOVE IT! I love getting flowers from my hubby with a sweet note telling me he loves me (even though I knew that already...it's still fun to get flowers and one of those florist cards). I love the fact that he got me yellow roses because yellow is my favorite color. You see...I went many, many years without being anyone's Valentine. Single ladies...it was definitely worth the wait! So when it's Valentine's Day...I'm all about it! I am also reminded of God's faithfulness and love in providing me with a loving, amazing husband. Not only that, He showed me the greatest love of all through His Son. What a blessing! I hope all of you have a great day, too!

3 comments:

Keisha said...

Yum-O!! That loooks like fun!

Breana Hicks said...

I LOVE your blog!! I remember doing some of these fun things back when I was homeschooled :)

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, ya'll! Yes, Breana, I am really enjoying doing homeschool with these girls! : )