Thursday, February 24, 2011

P is for Pizza

One thing most kids love...and I must admit I do, too...is pizza. This week we are studying the letter P and I usually try to think of a fun activity to go along with our letter of the week. Sometimes we take a little field trip, cook something, or do a special craft. With P, pizza just seemed like the perfect thing. So Bethany's mom, Wendy, and I put our resources together. She had some pizza crust from a kit, I had some spaghetti sauce, cheese, and ground beef. The girls and I got busy pizza making!
I love how Bethany is always willing to dive in. Today Sophie said, "Mom, I'll just let Bethany do it." She doesn't like to get her hands dirty! : )
The pizza turned out great and we all enjoyed it! Wendy came with some salad and I had some other veggies and we had a great lunch together!
I thoroughly enjoy doing homeschooling. We get to do so many things that are not typical for school, but the girls are learning things that are educational in the process. Each time we turn on the oven, we talk about having the right temperature, we make sure we have the right ingredient measurements, and the girls are excited about eating the things they make. They are also remembering that P is for p-p-pizza!

No comments: