Sunday, February 6, 2011

Megan and Will

My first real teaching job began in March of 2000. I was joining the Campus Outreach Thailand team in Khon Kaen, Thailand for a two year commitment (which actually turned into a four year commitment!). I was so excited about this new adventure! My main role on the team was to teach the children of the missionaries. Honestly, this could not have been a better experience. Seriously, though...aren't they the cutest kids?! They were, and still are, smart, creative, fun, and I love them all! And now...two of them are graduating from high school! I honestly can't believe this much time has gone by. Will (top pic, on left) and Megan (the only girl in these pics) are the graduates. Ok...take a look at them now!

Yes, I'm getting old. I definitely feel old when I see how they've changed and grown. You see, I still picture them in my mind as those little kids you saw up top. I've missed the last 7 years of their lives. I'm sad, in a way, that I've missed seeing them grow into the amazing young people that they are. They both love the Lord, want to see others come to Christ, and work alongside their parents, siblings, and friends to share the truth of Christ to Thais. But this post is not about being sad! It's about rejoicing in the life of two amazing, about to graduate and go to college, teenagers! Love you Will and Megan!Mrs. Stacey : )

No comments: