Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello There Cupcake

I have a confession to make. I love cupcakes. I love cupcake shows--Cupcake Wars to be exact--and I love other bakery shows. I think there's something interesting about seeing what people can put in a cupcake. The other day on Cupcake Wars they were putting beer in there, figs, goat cheese frostings, and all sorts of interesting things. I even like to see how they do their presentation. Each baker seems to have their own little style of swirling the icing on top. They even do fillings. I don't know if I've ever had gnoche filling in anything, but it sounds pretty awesome.
So that brings me to my recent lunch outing with my Mom and one of her friends. They were very generous to offer to let me tag along. I think they knew that I was a little socially deprived. Sometimes stay-at-home-Moms need opportunities to get out and practice those long lost social skills. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I have a hard time carrying on a decent grown-up conversation. Anyway, we had lunch at this neat little place called Fountain of Juice in Macon, GA. Mom and I love to go there. Even though it's a little pricey, all of their stuff is made with organic ingredients and tastes very fresh. I had a half chicken salad sandwich with a small bowl of loaded potato soup. Yum! For dessert, we decided to try out this new, cute little cupcake place. Oh, yeah. Right up my alley!
Mom's friend had been there before, so she knew how fun it was. We walked into this small, but elegant little shop and I was in love! The decor was done in white, pink, and brown. There were cute little chairs to sit in, a nice cupcake display, and the artwork was done with various sizes of cupcake papers in brown, white, and pink, mounted on white rectangular blocks. So cute, I thought! Then it was time to choose a cupcake. They all looked awesome. I chose the lemon. It was delish! Even though I paid $2.50 for this treat, I feel like I actually got my money's worth. It was dense, pretty large, and very sweet. I was actually satisfied when I finished it. They even put our cupcake in a cute little pink box with a logo sticker on it. So I had to pass on this little place to you guys. Here's the link to their website. Yes, they even have a website!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Katy's Neverending Story said...

Girl, I LOVE a good cupcake! Thanks for the post!

The Great Adventure said...

Yay! I hope you're able to go there sometime! Although I'm sure NYC has some pretty fab places. And thanks for the comment. It definitely gives me a boost! ; )