Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hobbies...

There are several things that I enjoy doing...the only problem is that I don't have enough time to do them! It's hard to have a good block of time where there aren't any interruptions! As I've mentioned before, one of my hobbies is trying to sew. I definitely say trying because I'm just a beginner, but the better I get at it, the more ambitious I get! I like getting help, too. I seem to learn things when I actually do them as opposed to trying to read the manual.

Another hobby, I guess you could call it, is planning birthday parties for my kids. I love it! I love looking up ideas on the net from other people's parties and putting my own together. I love making the cake/cupcakes, making the invitations, getting/making the decorations, etc. I know that my kids are too young to probably remember it, but honestly, I think I have more fun than they do. Plus I enjoy having friends/family over to celebrate with us. I'm already looking up ideas for our first double party (Isaac and Sophie's birthdays are 4 days apart!). I'm thinking we're going to do a Peter Pan/Wendy party. The ideas are already brewing! :-D

I did the ladybug cake and cupcakes for Sophie's first party, along with the styrofoam ladybug magnets for party favors/find the ladybugs in the yard game. Last year I drew/wrote out what I wanted and my mom, bless her!, made/decorated it for me (I was very large with child at that time). She's a great cake maker/decorator. But anyway, both parties were a lot of fun!

I have other hobbies I enjoy, too, but these came to mind because it's what I'm thinking about and doing lately. I really love homemade things. I have enjoyed making things for Sophie to take as gifts to birthday parties. Growing up, my mom would help us make our own Christmas gifts for teachers, family, and friends. I hope to make memories like that with my own little ones.

What do you love to do?! I would love some comments! :-) They make me happy! :-)

Blessings!

1 comment:

Selena said...

I love scrapbooking, although I haven't had any time for it lately, & I once made a quilt(with lots of help from Sloan). It was tons of fun! I hope to give it try again.