Monday, October 5, 2009

Sophie-isms

I love hearing my little girl talk. She is a spunky little thing and sometimes her words need correction, but many times they are encouraging and fun. I mentioned before that Sophie loves Cinderella. Well, we haven't watched Cinderelly in a while...there's a new guy in town. His name is Peter Pan. That's her new favorite movie to watch. I think she could watch it every day! Her watching this has led to some of the cutest things (I think) she's said to date! So this is what I hear Sunday morning when I'm getting ready for church and she's still in her room....Sophie's walking around in her room with the light off saying...

"Shadow....shadow...." I know that might not sound as funny in print, but I thought it was so cute! I hope you're familiar with Peter Pan...or that definitely wouldn't be cute! :-)

Tonight while I was in the kitchen, I heard her in the living room talking to Joe and she was saying, "Peta (in a British accent, like the cartoon), Peta..." and Joe said, "You mean, Peter?" She said, "No, Daddy, Peta."

Today we were working on potty training (don't get me started on how hard this has been!) and I have a kitchen timer that I've been setting for every 20 min. I told her it was the "potty clock". The first time it went off, she said with excitement, "Mommy, the polly clock!" Then she sat on her little potty for quite a while and I said, "Sophie, are you ready to get up?" She said, "No tanks, Mom." (No, thanks) She just loved sitting on the potty. Unfortunately, that was all she did on the potty. She read books, drew on her magna-doodle, watched tv...but would go potty in her pull up between potty clock rings. Fun times!

Well, that's all I can think of right now, but my day is filled with conversations with this little one. She's such a joy to me and I'm so thankful for her!

No comments: