Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shopping day!

I want to say how thankful I am for good friends! My friend Jennifer, bless that girl, offered to come over this morning, help me with my kids (hers were staying with her parents for a few days), and go shopping at the Goodwill and the grocery store. What a blessing to have help! We had a fun time looking for good deals. I was excited to find lots of fun dress up clothes for Sophie at the Goodwill, including some really fun hats. I've been wanting to do a dress up box for her, so I went specifically looking for dress up stuff, and was excited to find some! I also found some cute clothes for Sophie and Isaac. You can't beat 20 cents for an article of baby clothing! I also found me a yoga/pilates kit with a mat, blocks, and strap for a few dollars, and lots of children's books. I love getting books for the kids. Especially when they're only 25 cents a piece! Here's a pic of Sophie's new dress up stuff...hats are in the front :-).

Next we headed out to Harvey's. It's become my new grocery shopping place. I look at their sale paper or online and figure out what it is I want or need. Then I see what coupons I can find to match the deals. The greatest deal I've gotten is on meat! I now have a freezer stocked up with more meat than I've ever had! Today I bought large quantities and divided it into smaller bags, labeled them, and put them in the freezer. Here are all the bags of meat that I had just from today's purchase!

This is my now full freezer! It's never been this full before. It's exciting to see all that God's provided for our family. On this grocery trip I saved $65! Woohoo! Thank you, Lord! So in two weeks I've been able to save a little over $100 on groceries. God has provided for us!

I'm so thankful to know Him! God bless!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's great that you were able to buy the larger quantities! I'm trying to freeze more myself but I quickly run out of room! haha... Enjoy cooking it all!