Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Husband's Delight

That is what was cookin' tonight. I pulled out my most used write in the recipes cookbook and thought this afternoon about what I would make tonight. It's been one of those crazy days...got up early to exercise, then went for a walk with friends, had to take little man to the doctor (another ear infection), and then on to Walmart. After Walmart it just seemed to continue to be crazy trying to get kids settled and start supper early. Some of my plans changed and some unexpected blessing occurred. One of those days. But God is so good. I'm continually amazed by His goodness to me. I want to share this real quick story...I had to call a friend today at the last minute to help me with the kids. I hate to do that (don't want to inconvenience anyone)...I actually have rarely done that since we've had kids. But I was supposed to tutor tonight. Well, the tutoring fell through, so I called my friend to cancel. But it was with a heavy heart because I really wanted to see my friend and just spend time with her. When we hung up, I prayed, but didn't really believe it would happen, so it was almost like a wish. I was like, Lord, I really want her to call me back and say that she'll come anyway. Honestly. I just kept thinking that over and over. Not even 5 minutes later, the phone rings. My friend called me back and said, "Hey, if the hubby isn't going to be home and you want some company, I can still come over and we can hang out." Wow. My faith is SO small....but God is still amazingly good to me! I had a great time with my friend. I needed it and the Lord knew what I needed...and He knew the desires of my heart. I'm just in amazement.

And now...here is the recipe :-)
Husband's Delight
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 clove chopped garlic (or garlic salt--sorry, my recipe doesn't have the amount...I'm guessing just a sprinkling)
  • 2 small cans of tomato sauce (I only had one can, so I filled the other can with pre-made spaghetti sauce and omitted the sugar and garlic)
  • dash pepper
  • 8 oz noodles (I used the whole wheat spirally noodles)
  • 3 green onions
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 1 cup grated cheese (I used a combo of cheddar and mozzarella)

Brown meat, drain, put back into pan and add sugar, garlic, and spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer for 15 mins. Cook 8oz noodles as directed on pkg. Chop 3 small green onions very fine and mix with 8 oz cream cheese and 1 cup sour cream. Grease baking dish (13x9) and put layer of noodles, meat sauce, then cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup grated cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Yum! And it makes a good bit...so if you don't have a large family, it will freeze.

We had this along with spoonbread (I have this recipe on a previous post). Sophie ate it up...so did Joe and I! It was really good! Hope you enjoy. And I hope that God blesses you today as He did me!

No comments: