Monday, July 27, 2009

Back from a great week!

I think our vacation last week was one of the best. I've called it a "stay-cation" instead of a vacation because we stayed with different family members instead of staying in hotels. Most of the time you use the term staycation when referring to staying at home instead of going somewhere. Well, we didn't stay home...we just stayed with other people! One reason I loved it was because we were able to see family members and do things with them. Another reason is because we had all the conveniences of home...a kitchen, washer/dryer, fridge, dishes, etc. This is a great thing when you have kids!

We started the journey with a visit to Statesboro where Joe's sister, Susan, lives. We had fun visiting with her and her kids, Ally, Tres, and Taff. We took our time getting there and Tuesday we loaded up and drove to Tybee Island to spend some time at the beach. It was Isaac's first time at the beach! Then Joe, Sophie, Isaac, and I went to downtown Savannah, at supper at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries and walked around. We had dessert at my friends, Catherine and Josh's house. I was in Thailand with them. It was so fun to see them and their kids.






The next leg of the trip was driving to Macon to stay at my parent's house. We had a great time relaxing, sitting in their new hot tub, and watching tv. Thursday we drove to Stone Mountain to see the lazer show. We picked up my sister and her little girl on the way up. It was great when we got there, but started pouring rain for a few minutes. We had to pack up our picnic supper and eat in one of the buildings. But the girls loved it anyway! It did stop and clear out long enough for us to set up again in time for the show. It was really fun. The girls seemed to enjoy it! We got back late that night, so we rested the next day and took Isaac and Sophie swimming at my aunt and uncle's house. Sophie loved being in the water! The rest of the weekend we rested and went to church with my parents. This vacation was fun and restful...which is not that common when you go out of town! Plus we came home with almost all of our clothes washed...thanks, Joe, for doing the laundry! I also was able to go to Target (yay!) and get my hair cut. My mom and sister colored it that night. Very different look for me, but I really like it! It's fun to get a new do!



God bless!

1 comment:

Selena said...

I'm glad yall had a great time! I've missed your blogs! You definately need to post a picture of your "new" hairstyle :)