Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Look what we've been up to!











We had a great weekend at Mimi and D's house. The hubby was gone to Ridgecrest in North Carolina, so we had fun getting to hang out with family. I was especially motivated to be crafty this weekend. Check out what I've done. I'd love to get your feedback! I made two baby body bibs...they'll cover the top part of the body and the legs, too! I also made a baby sling...the baby doll is sitting in the sling. I also got up the motivation to make Sophie some hair bows. I'm not sure if they're too big or not. But I feel like it's a good first try. I think doing these little projects helps me to have some stress release. It's fun doing them and I hope I can keep it up. I'm still interested in possibly selling some things. I've made a few more bags and I'm still trying to decide on a reasonable price. My hesitation is that I know that I'm not a perfectionist. While I think that what I make has turned out well, I know it's not always perfect....sometimes there's a little blotch here or a letter that's not perfectly symmetrical, etc. So I guess I would have to take that into account when selling them to others. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
So other than being crafty, we got to hang out at Mom and Dad's new hottub. Isaac got to get his toes wet and after the kids were asleep, I got to get in and relax. It was great! I also helped make dinner Saturday night....salsa rice and chicken. Ya'll....this is soooo good! It's a little spicy, so if you have any acid reflux issues, this might not be for you. Here's the recipe:
Salsa Rice and Chicken (another recipe from Catherine....that girl is a great cook!)
  • 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice (I used Minute Rice)
  • 1 jar mild salsa (24 oz)...or you can use the heat amount of your choice
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 8 oz container of sour cream
  • 1/3 cup of water
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up, skinned (I used 5 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts...or you could use 4 larger ones)
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • lime

Preheat oven to 350. I like to put my chicken in some lime juice and water (about 1 1/2 limes and the rest water to cover the chicken) just to give it some extra zing. You don't have to do it if you don't like lime. While that's sitting, mix together first 6 ingredients. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 dish. Spoon the mixture into the dish. Take chicken out of lime juice, pat dry just a little bit, and spray with cooking spray. Lay the chicken on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, covered, for 45 min. Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes. Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!

I LOVE comments, so don't be shy! If you don't have a google account, you can comment as an annonymous person...I don't mind! :-)

God bless!

7 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

hey girl...you're so crafty. glad it's a release for you. i'm definitely interested in your bags...let me know when you decide on a price. :) that recipe does sound good. i might give it a try. your posts are always so fun...thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

I LOVE those baby body bibs! What a great idea! You don't know how many times I cringe as I pull Grant out of his seat to find half of his meal plastered to his bottom half! Everything looks really cute!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies! That's encouraging!

A Day Between said...

Where do you find such cute fabrics?

The Great Adventure said...

Hobby Lobby is where I bought all the fabric you see on these projects. They have the cutest fabric and ribbon!! I could go crazy in there! I've also heard that they're a Christian run company...I noticed that they were playing Christian music while I was in there. So I feel good about supporting them.

Anonymous said...

GOSH!!! Look at you.. Stacey!! These are SO Neat!! I love them! You know.. if you need monogramming.. let me know! ;)
You look just like your Mom too!!! She is so Pretty!!
Glad you had a good time!
Keisha

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Keisha! I'll definitely let you know...I'd love to chat with you sometime and get some of your ideas! I think monogramming is very cute! Yes, Mom and I have always looked just alike! Since I was a baby, she says :-).