Monday, July 6, 2009

Filling the heart and the tummy :-D

My mom picked up a great little book for me and gave it to me the other day. If you're like me and one of those moms who struggles with keeping up with everything...a home, laundry, kids, etc. then you'll like this book! I get overwhelmed with all the responsibilities of cleaning, organizing, feeding, diaper changing, losing weight, cooking meals, and the list goes on. This book makes me feel like I'm not the only one out there that struggles with all this! Plus she adds some great recipes, craft ideas, travel ideas, things to do with kids, and it's basically like a weekly devotion, so it has a Bible verse for the week and a prayer. It even has two vocabulary words to learn :-). So here it is...it's called Queen of the Castle.

I couldn't just read one entry...I read several. And I'll probably read it more and actually do it as a weekly devotion. Thanks, Mom!

One more fun thing. I love our family's homemade chocolate ice cream. It's the best. Really. It tastes like a Wendy's frosty. If you have a regular sized ice cream churn (that you add the ice and rock salt to as it spins), add these ingredients to the container...

  • 12 oz container of whipped cream (I used the generic...just as good!)
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 half gallon of chocolate milk

I whisked the ingredients before closing it up and turning on the churn. You'll love it! I made it twice this past weekend and it's almost all gone!

God bless!

No comments: