Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blessed

(above: my mom made my birthday cake and it was so delicious...just yellow cake with chocolate icing!)
I'm feeling very blessed right now. It's the word that immediately came to mind when I was thinking of how my birthday was this year. Yes, another birthday has come around and I'm now 32 years old. I don't feel like I'm actually that old...but I'm noticing a few wrinkles around my eyes that weren't there before and my gray hair has really started showing! But don't get me wrong...I LOVE my birthday! I was born on the fourth of July, so I've always had lots of activity and fun going on. Fireworks...I love them! I think this year was one of my favorite birthdays.
We started the celebrating on Thursday night when we drove to my parent's house to spend the night. The next morning my wonderful husband, knowing that I was dreaming of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, went out early and bought some for me. He picked all kinds of fun ones...and my favorite...chocolate iced! Then he brought it up to me while I was just waking up...breakfast in bed. What a great guy! After doughnuts we get ready and headed off to Twila Faye's Tea Room in Bolingbroke and had an awesome lunch! I had a Trio plate of chicken salad, potato salad, and a tossed salad along with some nutbread with cream cheese and some cheese wafers. Yum! It was a lot of fun. After the meal, Joe, the kids, and I went to the mall and I got some new shoes as my birthday gift. They are some sandals that I can wear to church or casual and they are VERY comfortable. I also got some cute Yellowbox red and white polka dot flip flops. I've been admiring those for about a year now! We also went and visited my grandfather (Papa) and that was a lot of fun. We grabbed a bite and relaxed at my parent's house the rest of the night. My parents surprised me with an awesome gift (my sister and brother went in on it, too)--a Wii!! I had a lot of fun playing at my sister's house one day when I was visiting and they really wanted to get it for me. I never dreamed I would get one of those! Their generosity was such a blessing to me and I have already enjoyed playing some! Here is Papa and the kids:
My actual birthday morning, Mom got up and fixed a wonderful brunch of pancakes, sausage, and we had some doughnuts again! We headed back to Eastman that afternoon and had a cookout with some friends of ours from church. It was fun, too. We had some great food and fellowship. That night we also went to see the fireworks. They have a big fireworks display at the Dodge Co. stadium. We parked in a nearby lot and enjoyed watching while the kids were sound asleep. They had a busy couple of days! As I told a friend today...my tank has been filled! I have been blessed with gifts, but the greatest gift was the love that I was shown by my sweet husband, parents, family members, and friends!
Birthday brunch (Joe and Sophie), the kids at the cookout




I hope you all had a great July 4th! God bless!

No comments: