Sunday, August 23, 2009

Consignment shopping

I don't know about you other mom's out there, but I love getting cute clothes for my little ones...but I never like to pay the full price. I had never thought about consignment shopping until I had kids of my own. There's just no way to afford good kids clothes that aren't on sale or second hand...at least not for our growing family. When I was a teenager, I thought it was pretty cool to go with my friends to the Salvation Army store in Macon. I found some good stuff there. I've gone to the Habitat for Humanity and the Christian Life Center here in Eastman and found some good stuff. The reason this is on the brain is that I just went to a sale in Macon, off of Hartley Bridge Rd., and found some really cute stuff for Sophie and Isaac. I am also going to one in Macon in a few weeks...Sept. 9-12...that's off of Riverside Dr. It's called Kidz Replay and it's a great sale. They always have lots of cute stuff. I'm thinking some potential Christmas/birthday gifts from there, too. That's a great way to do some holiday shopping! There's another sale either the weekend before or after (not sure) at Hepzibah Children's Home that's very popular and has good stuff, too. If you're in the Savannah area, there is a sale called Coastal Kids Market that sells a lot of upscale kids clothing for less. If you know of a great sale that you'd like to pass on, I'd love to hear about it. My favorite find at this past sale: a pair of Bass little girl black shoes that Sophie can wear with pants or dresses. She wore them to church today! Only $6! They look brand new, too! Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: