Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Singin' and Steamin'


Here it is...a picture of my steamer that I have begun to enjoy (I got this off the net, by the way)! It's Black and Decker's flavor scenter steamer plus food and rice cooker. You can steam different foods at once (it's got the extra basket that you can leave in or take out if you're doing different foods). It's got a rice bowl (I haven't tried it yet, but I hope to....I can't wait to get some "good" rice...like Jasmine that they have in Thailand!). You can't see it, but it also has a piece that goes in that has a little mesh basket thing that you can put spices in. I really like this thing!

On a different note, this afternoon I told Sophie, "No more tv!" I haven't been feeling that great this past week and PBS kids is very entertaining for her. The shows are good and clean, but I don't like the glazed over eyes look that Sophie gets after a little while. So, after lunch, the tv went off and I told her she could look at books, play with toys, or play with her playdough. I also thought I would turn on some music. I may have recommended this cd before, but I wanted to recommend it again because I've enjoyed it since Sophie was little. It's got several different artists, including Christy Nockels (Watermark). It's called Sing Over Me. There are great songs/lullabies for adults and kids.

If you're able to get it, I think you'll enjoy it. I hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments: