Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun with our small group











We were able to go out on a "group date" with our small group last Saturday night. We've been meeting over the summer and sharing food and the Word together. The ladies usually take turns cooking a meal and we come together and eat and the teenage girls take care of the little ones while we've been studying the book of Mark. It's been a great time of fellowship and Bible study. At the end of our study time, the guys and gals split up and share prayer requests and pray together. What a blessing! So we decided to go out together to a neat little Italian restaurant in Dublin, GA. Dublin is not far from Eastman, so we often go there when we want to eat at a new place. None of us had ever eaten there before, so I was wide eyed when we walked in and saw how neat it looked! I loved the high ceilings, huge brick oven, and exposed brick. After a great meal, Joe, Sophie, Isaac, and I headed across the street to a cute candy/ice cream shop called Scoops. I loved the atmosphere! Sophie and I just got a cookie and split it, but it was definitely a place I'd want to go to again. Overall it was a great night! Our small group is on a little hiatus right now, but we all have grown close and look forward to coming back and meeting again! I'm so thankful for brothers and sisters in Christ!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

AWESOME!! Joe was telling me and Matt about this yesterday!! We are praying about a small group. I would love to do it.. just don't want to "over" do it!.. ya know?.. Thanks for sharing these pics! They are great. I've heard about the resteraunt..but, haven't been yet!!! It looks like a cool place!