Friday, August 28, 2009

What's cookin'?

Tonight I made Thai food....for the first time since we've been married, I think...from our Children's World Cookbook. I thought it was great! Joe and Sophie seemed to think so, too, since their plates were empty. It's called coconut chicken. It is made with coconut milk, onions, garlic, and the chicken was sprinkled with lime, ground ginger, salt and pepper. Yum! It reminded me of Thailand. I served it with white and brown rice (I started off with brown, but ran out, so I had to add some white :-D), steamed some broccoli and put a little shredded cheese on top. Then we had some Jello nobake strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Here's a look at the main meal...

I added some cucumbers, too, for Joe and Sophie. I typically don't buy foods that I don't like...kind of crazy, but just habit. Well, I knew that Joe liked cucumbers and I thought Sophie did, so I bought a few last time we were at the store. I cut one up and Sophie LOVED them! Between her and Joe, they ate the whole cucumber...and it was a big one! That's one thing I've got to remember to do...buy foods even if I don't eat them and they do! We also took the opportunity to pray for our friends who are missionaries in Thailand. Cooking foods from other places is a great way to remind us to pray for those who are serving around the world!

God bless!

No comments: