Thursday, September 3, 2009

Praying for Direction

I have really enjoyed writing my thoughts and ideas on this blog! I have really appreciated all of your support and comments over the past months as I've thrown out a lot of different things. I like to try and make each post look snazzy by including a picture or recipe or something like that. So my blogging has gotten a little less frequent because I shared most of my good recipes :-D...so hopefully I'll keep taking lots of pictures! Anyway, tonight I just wanted to write about what's on my heart and what I've been trying to do lately. First of all, I want to say that I have been quite blessed by being able to stay home with my kiddos. God has provided for us over the years. Last week, the hubby and I sat down to take a closer look at our finances. We have seen the need to cut back...as most of us have had to do with the economy the way it is. So I've been praying about what I could possibly do to help financially, but still be able to stay home with my kids. It's hard. I have been able to get on the substitute list for Fridays when Joe is off. I'm hoping God will open the door on those days for me to substitute. I'm also going to start advertising to tutor kids. Hopefully that will work out, too. We've had several ideas, but I just want to seek the Lord and get His direction.

Another way that I can help my family is by saving at the grocery store...or in Eastman...Super Walmart. I feel like I've got Mission Impossible on my hands...but I want to accept it!! I love reading about how women go out and use coupons and get like $500 worth of groceries for $50. That's so cool to me. Ok...so how do they do it?! Today I saved a little over $12 on my bill. I thought that was pretty good. I got a lot of stuff...including two boxes of diapers, two outfits for Sophie, and a little shirt for Isaac, and still spent about as much as I do when I don't have to buy those things. I'm trying to cut our bill way down. And Walmart is not just food...it's baby stuff, toiletries, medicine, etc. But I feel like I can cut the bill down...with the Lord's help! Who knows...we might even eat less and lose weight in the process :-).

Please pray for me and with me and we are seeking to change the way we spend money, make money, and manage the resources God has given us. Thanks!! May the Lord bless you!

7 comments:

amy sanders said...

stacey-i'm right there with you. if you want to talk coupons/money saving strategies, just let me know. my biggest tips are to study the southernsavers.com website and moneysavingmom.com has lots of great deals too.

Keisha said...

I know!! It's really tough!! That has been our prayer too!
Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you darlin'....you are trying really hard and you are doing such a good job! I know God is going to reward you in so many ways! Love ya, Mom

Julie Gillen said...

Hey!! Will be praying for you guys! Check out www.moneysavingmom.com - she has lots of great ideas on using coupons - matching them up w/ sales to get the best deals, etc. I don't do anywhere near as well as she does, but it helps to get the ideas/info. :)

Selena said...

Stacey, I've got 2 friends who blog about great deals they find. Their websites are http://thesimplesaver.wordpress.com/ & http://canigetitforfree.blogspot.com/. I've got some amazing deals at CVS & Walgreens! Like $0.29 to $0.79 baby wipes last week! I hope you find some way to stay home. I know how hard it is. Oh...Tony & I did the eat less, save more money thing too. Sandwiches for lunch and just enough food for supper (not tons of leftovers)! Good luck!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks for all the great comments and tips! I'm signed up at couponmom.com...and I'm going to look into the other ones all of you have suggested. Joe and I have already made a few changes that I think are going to help! God is good!

Eric and Sheryl said...

Hey Stacey, check out mealtimemakeover.com for some ideas for meal planning and saving money on groceries. I have had several people recommend it so I am signing up this month. I think it will definitely help once the new baby comes to reduce chaos and still keep the family fed.... :)

I have been using coupons a lot more over the past year...my favorite sites are www.krazycouponlady.com (click on the 'coupon' tab to see a list of 100's of printable coupons) I also check coupons.com, smartsource.com, and redplum.com weekly to print coupons.