Monday, September 28, 2009

Gotta love cake!

Over the weekend we celebrated Joe's birthday with his family here in Eastman. We had a cookout and a fun time fellowshipping with family and friends. Joe enjoys cake, but one of his favorite cakes is a chocolate chip cake that a friend of mine (thanks, Jean!) passed on to me. I have to tell you...the first time I made it, I didn't grease and flour my pan...I just sprayed some cooking spray on it. Well, lets just say that it was a big chocolate chip pile! But Joe ate it up and loved it! I remember he told me...I want this cake for my birthday! So I was determined to make it for him. It's not often that he specifically tells me something he likes. Here it is...

Chocolate Chip Cake
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 cup sour cream (I just put in the whole 8 oz container)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 Duncan Hines butter yellow cake mix
  • 1 large box vanilla instant pudding
  • 1 bag mini chocolate chips

Stir all ingredients together and put into a lightly greased bundt pan (ok...like I said...I had to Crisco and flour my bundt pan to prevent sticking). Cook at 350 for 45-50 min or until toothpick comes out clean.

Ya'll...this cake is so moist and delicious! The best part about it...it's so easy! Hope you enjoy!

God bless!

No comments: