Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Bible Study

I think I have come to a good point in my life where I can venture out and join a ladies Bible study. I know that might sound crazy, but I've been very tired (crazy tired) since Isaac has been born and haven't really felt like doing much but stay home, try to get my house clean, and sleep any chance I get. The first 2-3 months he was born, he only slept a few hours at night and then most of the day. Of course, Sophie was up most of the day (she's outgrown her nap, unfortunately). I was just about passing out during the morning while she was watching cartoons. Anyway, I have begun the weaning process with the baby. I've had mixed emotions about it...I feel happy, relieved, a little guilty, and more. But I feel like I've done well with him and I'm ready to get some normalcy with my body. It's kind of been on a roller coaster for a while now...really almost 17 mos. I keep telling Joe I've been sleep deprived for almost 9 months. Since I've cut back on the nursing some, I've seen some positive changes with my body. And I've also seen the need to get out and fellowship with other women...and in a spiritual setting. I tend to shy away from the group studies, even though I love that kind of stuff. Being a pastor's wife can sometimes put me in a position of having to be very guardful in those settings. I had to do that a lot in the last women's Bible study I was in. But I think now is a good time. And boy, do I need the fellowship and feeding from God's Word. So I joined up. Last week was our first week. It's Priscilla Shirer's Discerning the Voice of God. Ya'll...it's been great!

I've been doing the daily workbook stuff (I'm not always a fan of the workbook thing, but this has been good and not overwhelming, like some of them can be) and I can see that God is using this. Joe and I have always taken major decisions to the Lord in prayer. I am seeing how important that is...God is reaffirming that through this Bible study. But He's also teaching me something that I am weak in....patience! God is reminding me of the value of being patient and waiting for His timing in answering prayer. It's so good for me to be reminded of that. I hope you all are able to find a good Bible study...even if it's just a personal one. It's good stuff!

Blessings to you and yours!

1 comment:

Malissa said...

Hey Stacey, I have loved reading your blog! It is so encouraging.

I took this Bible study over the Summer, and it was great. She is a great speaker. I just started a Beth Moore one for the Fall, and the homework is definitely more intense!

Take care... keep writing!