Sunday, September 6, 2009

Revival

Our church is doing revival a little different this year. Instead of having consecutive nights of revival, we're having 5 Sunday nights in a row of revival with a different speaker each night. So far we've had two different Sundays of this. I felt the need to blog about it because it has been so awesome! God has used these two pastors to speak to me in a special way. I especially felt that tonight spoke directly to my heart.

As I've mentioned many times before, I'm a stay at home mom. I do love being able to do this, but it is not without its many challenges. Let me shed a little light on my weaknesses here....I'm not a natural at organization, cleaning (I don't enjoy it...at all), and I don't have tons of energy. But I love when something is organized. I love it when things are clean. I just wish someone else could do it for me! :-) That sounds terrible, doesn't it? I've seen the need to be more diligent in my household responsibilities. I've been trying to keep the clothes cleaned regularly so they don't get piled up, cook more, keep things tidier, try to organize more, etc. It often seems like an impossible task. I get frustrated. I grumble in my heart. My mind starts having thoughts all day of how I don't feel like serving, if only I were appreciated more, if only I heard more words of thanks, etc. I want to serve, but I'm not serving with much joy. In comes the sermon tonight. I wasn't expecting it. The guest pastor's text was about how Jesus cleaned the disciples feet. This sermon was about being a servant...the way Jesus was a servant. It was about serving even if you don't receive anything in return (like Jesus did). Jesus even washed Judas' feet...even though He knew Judas would betray Him. He talked about serving without expecting gratitude (that one really spoke to me). When we expect gratitude there's a pride involved...on the part of the server. That's not what serving is all about. Something else that really struck me that he said was that we should be motivated to serve out of love for the person we're serving. We may not enjoy doing something, but we do it because we love. Jesus loved us. He didn't have to die for us, but He did because he was motivated by love to do it. It wasn't pleasant. It was a terrible way to die. But He did it because He loved us. And serving us in that way brought Him joy. I can be joyful in serving my family. That's what I desire. So I have repented and asked for the Lord's help to be a prideless, joyful servant. Please pray for me in this! It's gonna be tough. God is at work in my heart....and it's exciting.
God bless!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

WOW! I hated I missed that last night! I sooooo needed it! I've missed church for 2 Sunday's because of Faith being sick! UGH! Then I get a chance to go .. & I turn out sick!
Thanks for the overview of the sermon. It sounded like a Good one!
I heard the power went out too! lol!!
I know it's hard being a stay at home mom..Hang in there girl!! I'll be praying for you.. will you pray for me too?