Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Update

All I have to say is....praise the Lord this virus is over! It's hard when Mom, Dad, and child are sick. I'm so thankful that Isaac didn't get it! That was a prayer answered!
Joe and I were just sitting here talking about this time last week we were getting ready to go to Jekyll. I wish it didn't seem like months ago that we were just there! Isn't it weird how the fun things just fly by and the hard things seem to drag on? Anyway, I wanted to share some fun memories from our trip!

The wedding day turned out beautifully! There was a slight chance of rain, but there was no rain in sight that day. The wind was blowing, but that helped it to not be so hot. Paige (my sister) made those white flags (with mom's help) to mark where they would have the ceremony. My niece and Paige's friend, Laresa, were the attendants. They looked so pretty in their red dresses! We had the reception outside in the gazebo right beside where the ceremony was. The last photo was at the driftwood beach very close to where we were staying. Joe and I always think it's so neat to see all the wood that on the shore like that. Sophie always enjoys running around on the beach! She LOVES the sand and the water.

Well, that's a little snapshot of our trip. For the rehearsal we had a cookout and my sister made some GREAT food. I wanted to share a couple of the recipes. I'm running out of time right now, but I'll get them down later. One is called Southern Caviar (I didn't think I'd like this, but it tasted awesome!) and Paula Deen's Not Your Mamma's Banana Pudding. If ya'll haven't had this....oh, man....it's the best banana pudding I've EVER had!! So good!!

Hope you have a great day! God bless!


2 comments:

Keisha said...

Hey! Great Pics & I'm glad yall are better! I've had the Southern Caviar.. REALLY, really good! But, I don't have the recipie.. so hurry it up! lol!
;)

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, girlfriend! Hope you enjoy the recipes!! :-)