Saturday, September 12, 2009

Girls weekend




What a fun past couple of days. A friend from Eastman asked me a couple of weeks ago if I wanted to go to a christian concert with her and her girls. I immediately said yes! This is something I haven't done in years. I also haven't had a night without the kids in several months. Don't get me wrong...I love being with my kids and husband. I even missed them a little while I was gone. But doing something fun with the gals was just what I needed! And the concert was so encouraging. The first singer, John Waller, sings a song that was on the movie "Fireproof" called While I'm Waiting. It's great. His portion of the concert was very encouraging to me. He sang a blessing over all of us. Pretty neat. Then we heard from Fee. Steve Fee and his band. Very fun. I had honestly never heard of him, but he rocked the house! Then we ate some awesome food at Fatz and had a lot of laughs. It was a special treat for this stay at home mom. Thanks, Amy and family, for ministering to me so much!
Today was fun, too. I got to sleep in and then went to a bridal shower for my sister. Showers are always a lot of fun! Then Mom and I went to the mall and found some great deals and Mom treated me to a few new clothes. What a blessing!
As I'm sitting here reflecting on all of these special things I feel very undeserving, but very grateful. It brings me to the Lord in an attitude of thanks for ministering me in such a special way. He has used my friends and family, His children, to lift me up and provide for me. I'm so thankful that these different people were joyfully willing to be used, but also that God loves me so much that He would set all this up for me. Wow. It blows me away. I'm humbled and grateful to know such a loving God.
Now I just want to say a great big THANK YOU! Especially my hubby who, the whole weekend, encouraged me, watched the kids, and said, "You deserved it!" Love you!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

WHat a FUN weekend!!! I love that song too!