Saturday, September 5, 2009

Many thanks and much activity

First I want to say thanks to all of you who made some great suggestions and comments on the last entry! It has been so encouraging to me. Joe and I already sense that the Lord is at work in this and wants us to be good stewards of what He has given us. I'm going to look into the websites that you've suggested and hopefully continue to save money! Now for our activities the past couple of days!

Friday night we had dinner with some folks from our Sunday School class and headed over to the Dodge County football game. Football is big here, and I've really enjoyed being a part of the crowd at the games. When I was in high school, the stands were never crowded! In Macon there were so many high schools that had football games going on...in Eastman there's only one high school. When I first moved here, it was almost like being in a movie or something. I'd never lived in a place that only had one high school and everyone in town was pumped up about the football team. It's pretty neat. This was Isaac's first game since he's been born. He did great! Sophie, on the other hand, was your normal little two year old. She wanted to go up and down the bleachers, move back and forth from Mommy to Daddy, etc. She did look cute, though, in her little Falcons cheerleader outfit! :-) Dodge County colors are red and white, so this came pretty close to matching. We did end up leaving around half time...it was already 9pm at that time and we definitely needed to get sleepy kids back home!
Friday and Saturday morning I had the immense pleasure of getting to sleep late! Thank you, Joe! But once I got up, I was on the go! Friday I made purees and baby food for Isaac (butternut squash and yellow squash). Today (Saturday) I got up and after fixing lunch, cleaning up, and getting Isaac down for his nap, I sewed Sophie a pillowcase dress. My stitches were very uneven, but, "I did it by myself," as Sophie would say. I was excited!Then I got out my Deceptively Delicious cookbook and made chocolate chip cookies with a very interesting ingredient...chickpeas. Sounds weird, but it tastes pretty good! Sophie loves the cookies...I could hardly keep her out of the kitchen!
Then I made steamed broccoli, brown rice, and poppyseed chicken...minus the poppyseed (I don't keep it on hand)...for supper. It turned out well! Plus we have enough left over for supper after church tomorrow. That's especially good! I was really busy today. But the reward is getting to sit here and enjoy some computer time. Hope all of you have a great Labor Day weekend!! God bless!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I heard about you guys being at the game!!! Glad you all had a good time!
I love the dress!!! Great Job Stacey!!