Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good recipes...

I just couldn't wait to post these! I haven't actually made these, but my sister (with our help) made them for her rehearsal dinner last weekend. Honestly, when I saw what she was putting in the southern caviar, and she brought over a bite for me to try....I was like...that's ok! She convinced me that it was really good and that I would like it. So I caved and tried it...I'm so glad I did! It was really good! It tasted a lot different than I thought it would. So that's why I'm posting it. It would make a great party food, a potluck dish, etc. Here it is...


Southern Caviar
  • 1 15 oz can black eyed peas, drained

  • 1 15 oz can shoe peg corn, drained

  • 1 8 oz jar Braswell's green tomato relish or may use Braswell's pepper jelly

  • 1 small bottle (8 oz) Italian dressing

  • 1 onion, chopped (small pieces are better than large for all the chopped veggies)

  • 1 tomato, chopped

  • 1 green pepper, chopped

Mix ingredients in a bowl and serve with Fritos (we used the Scoops....if you wanted to go healther, you could probably go with some corn chips...but the Fritos were really good!)

The next recipe is by Paula Deen. It is AMAZING!! Well, if you like traditional banana pudding, you might not like it...because this is....

Not Yo Mamma's Banana Pudding

  • 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

  • 6-8 bananas sliced

  • 2 cups milk

  • 1 5 oz box French Vanilla pudding

  • 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened

  • 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

  • 1 12 oz container of whipped topping, thawed

Line the bottom of a 13x9 in pan with cookies (it's good if they're crushed...or whole...however you like), then layer with bananas. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a mixer. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and put the remaining cookies on top. Refridgerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

No comments: