Thursday, March 17, 2011

All about the "T"

This week has been great! Letter T has really done us right. On Monday we pitched a tent in the back yard and have tried to spend time during school each day doing something in there. I have loved it! The weather has been amazing, too, for a little outdoor education! It also brought back some great memories of the camping trip Joe and I went on back before the kiddos came along. We hope to go on one again someday...when we know the kids will not keep us up all night : ).
And here's the little turtle that Bethany brought to school. He's the black-ish circle down at the bottom part of the picture. He was so cute!
Today was really fun. I got out my table runner, placemats and matching cloth napkins (that I must admit that this is the first time I've used them!), and the adorable tea set that Sophie's grandmother gave her. I made some hot chocolate, let it cool, made some toast with jelly (I honestly didn't even realize that I was doing another "t" thing), some biscuits, and cookies. We had quite a tea party! My favorite quote from Bethany, "Mrs. Stacey, this is so fun. I am enjoying not being bothered and I'm here with my 3 good friends!" So cute! I think she was counting herself! : )
I had to include a close-up of the tea set. Isn't it cute!? I loved all of the little bunnies and flowers on it. The little spoons were cute, too. It even came with napkin rings!
And last, but not least, we capped off the day with doing our toenails! I included mine in the picture, even though I still have my pedi from a few weekends ago. I did the girls toenails in pink, "ocean breeze" which is the neat blue color, and topped it off with some sparkly polish.
Now I've got my work cut out for me trying to think up something fun for letter U! : )

No comments: