Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Q is for quilt

Here are some of our family quilts. I've mentioned before about how much I treasure quilts. I really think it's awesome what some people can do with fabric. I wish I could do it. Here are our three quilts...the two at the bottom were made by two different friends of mine. Both of them were made to celebrate Sophie's birth, but the bold colored one can be used by Isaac, too. The one in the background is my Thailand quilt.

This week we're studying Q and R together. Today we focused on Q and talked about quilts. We looked at the different quilts, the patterns, and colors. Then I gave them a piece of paper with a rectangle drawn on it with some fabric squares I had cut out.

Then the girls glued the squares onto their paper to make their own "quilt".

Here are our finished products!

Tomorrow we're planning to talk with a friend about her experience on the mission field...R is for Russia : ).

2 comments:

"Mimi" Bryant said...

I love the quilt idea of gluing fabric in the rectangle. Have you made something on paper for each letter? Would be great to put them all together in a book at the end of the year!

The Great Adventure said...

We've made some things on paper, but we've done a sign language color sheet and other coloring sheets for each letter. I've hole-punched them all, put them in a three prong folder, and labeled it "My Letter Book". That will be our little book for the year! I've also taken lots of pictures of activities we've done, and I hope to make a photo book at the end of the year of our school year! :)