Friday, March 25, 2011

Racing and Reading

Let me tell you...this week has been crazy! My kids have been having issues, we've been to the doctor, to the grocery store, t-ball practices (more about this later), the Cherry Blossom festival in Macon, and the hubby has been having some health issues, too. Thankfully nothing major, but it's made for a crazy week!
BUT...in the midst of all of that, along with my sleep deprivation (and if I'm going to be honest here, my irritiability as a result of said sleep deprivation and stress), God is good! He knew I would having this kind of week, and He sent me a blessing today. Well, let me go back a little. I've been following a blog about writing (more on that later, too) and I love it! I love to read, as you all know, and I've recently been interested in writing some, too. This blog has a lot of great tips and info. for writers, by writers. To make a long story short, I commented one day when they were having a giveaway by Julie Lessman (Christian historical fiction author). To my surprise...I won the giveaway! I couldn't believe it! I was very excited. I won an autographed copy of Julie's book, A Passion Most Pure. Today I got it in the mail, along with a note from Julie and a message written in my book. I think God's timing is so amazing.

I don't have to tell you how excited I am to read my first Julie Lessman book!

One more thing. Tomorrow is a big day! I'm running in my first ever race. This is huge for me! The hubby, the kids, and I will be heading out early in the morning to Albany so that I can have this experience with one of my best friends, Leslie. She had been encouraging me, helping me prepare, motivating me, and so much more. I am so thankful that I get to share this with her! Since this is my first race, we're going to start with just the 1 mile....but 1 mile is big for me! Please pray for me! I want to have a good time and do my very best! Pictures will be coming...for sure! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you...10:15, right? Good luck and good for you for challenging yourself in this way! You can do it!! I love you...MOM

praguegirl said...

I enjoy reading your blog!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Thanks for the comment praguegirl! It's so affirming to know that people actually read what I write...and enjoy it! : )